Wednesday 22 October 2014

Steady - I don't think so!

It was a cool night, but the two groups warmed up quickly and they were all gunning for PB's last night I think!  You couldn't hold them back as we did a nice steady route heading up Craigleith Road, before looping back onto Queensferry road, running past the stunning Stewarts Melville College.



Heading back over Dean Bridge and back through the stomping ground of Stockbridge and Inverleith Park to get us home.
I'm on 'holiday' now for the next 2 weeks, so the 6pm group will be looked after by Andy and the 7pm group by Ali, so definitely no rest for the wicked.
Most of you know I am off to run the Kalahari Augrabies Extreme Marathon in South Africa, a 250km race through high desert temperatures of anywhere from 30-45 degrees, carrying all my own food and kit for the week over a 6 stage race.  We kick off the race on the 1st November and if you are interested in keeping up to date with my progress, follow me on twitter @runningdutchie or find me on Facebook as Lucja Leonard (my PR agent ;-0 my friend, Nina, will be updating my pages with details as we are able to send out one email a day from camp).  Daily updates will be posted on their website as well as photos and video http://www.kaem.co.za/ and if you fancy sending me any messages you can email runners@kaem.co.za .  I will post a full blog on the event afterwards, but in the meantime if you enjoy reading my blog www.runningdutchie.wordpress.com please vote for me at http://therunningawards.com/ I am under Publications & online/Blog/Running Dutchie .

See you when I get back!


1 comment:

  1. have a brilliant time- look forward to keeping up to date with the goings on, fi

    ReplyDelete